Helping lesbians with disabilities or chronic illness live as normally as possible
401 Branard, 2nd Floor
Houston, TX 77006
AssistHers, a non-profit organization, has been providing a care team approach to helping lesbians living with illness or injury to maintain their independence as they recover their health or learn to live with physical challenges.
What do we do?
- We work in teams. We walk dogs, run errands, help with laundry and light housekeeping
- We take care of the little things so that women can focus on getting well
- We provide non-medical help, lend a hand, and lend encouragement to women and their caregivers
Who do we help?
- Our clients are lesbians with either a short term recovery period or who are dealing with a chronic or terminal illness/disabling condition.
Who are We?
- We are women and men from every walk of life. We take a practical hands-on approach to building community, one life at a time.
- We also enjoy the social aspect being a volunteer with like-minded people.
What do we need from you?
- About six to eight hours a month which includes Client care/committee work and 2nd Saturday, our monthly Volunteer meeting.
Volunteer Application Form
Please complete the following:
Items marked with an ** are required
We promise to respect your time and your talents.
We promise you are going to do work that matters.
We promise that you are going to make a difference.
Do you have questions?
Contact Jay Mays at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be advised that Assisthers will run a felony background check on all volunteer applicants.
Copyright AssistHers, Inc. 2016
Hi, my name is Jay, and I am the volunteer coordinator. To become a volunteer with AssistHers, it is required to participate in our training session, where you will learn about being a care team member and other info about AssistHers. Details of our next training are below and I hope to see you there!
We have more upcoming volunteer training opportunities!
To RSVP, email Jay at: RSVP with Jay:
Our training sessions are located at:
The Montrose Center
401 Branard Street
Houston, TX 77006-5015
There will be directional signs to the room
If you have questions and/or would like to learn more about our organization before the training date, please email me with the best time and number to call you, and I'll be happy to talk with you. You can also visit our website at www.assisthers.org